Do you care for the grieving or dying? Would you like to gain skills in helping those who are ill, bereaved or dying? Karuna Hospice in Brisbane has been a renowned centre for palliative care for over 20 years. Ven Chodron from Karuna is bringing her well regarded program for training in spiritual care for the dying to WA for the first time. You can take advantage of 5 days of intensive experience that will prepare you for dealing with these issues in your own life and the lives of those around you.
The retreat will be deeply experiential: We will be applying all of the principles discussed in our own lives as well as the lives of others, with the understanding that the more we face and prepare for our own death the more present we can be with others in preparing for theirs.
This retreat will explore:
- The spiritual needs of the dying
- Practical skills in compassionate care and support of the dying and their families
- Meditative and contemplative practices related to spiritually preparing for death and spiritual practices used at the time of death
- Developing an understanding of issues connected to letting go , transforming suffering, loving kindness and compassion
- Building and deepening one’s own spiritual practice.
Ven Tenzin Chodron is a Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition who has studied Buddhist philosophy and worked in Spiritual care at Karuna Hospice service for the past 18 years. In addition, Chodron has many years experience as asocial worker, counsellor group facilitator and presenter.
Venue: Fairbridge, South West Hwy, Pinjarra, WA
Accommodation: Single rooms in 5 and 9 bed cottages with shared bathrooms.
Meals: All meals will be vegetarian. Dairy and gluten free meals catered for. Each cottage has a shared kitchen with fridge and stove. Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
Retreat dates: Thurs Aug 22nd from 2pm, to Tues Aug 27th, 3.30pm.
Course fee: $560
Can be paid in instalments by arrangement with Tara Meditation Centre (HMT).
If you are interested in the retreat contact HMT for an application form.